THREE CHEESE AND TOMATO PINWHEELS
250g/ 90oz ready made puff pastry
1 x Jar of Marinara/Pasta sauce
50g Cheddar cheese
50g Mozzarella cheese
50g Red Leicester cheese
Half teaspoon mixed herbs (optional)
50g Sliced pepperoni (optional)
Flour for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 190C (Gas mark 5). Line a large baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface, making a large rectangle shape.
- Top with the marinara and cheeses (keep some back to put on top before cooking), mixed herbs and pepperoni.
- Starting at the narrow sides of the rectangle, roll the dough into a tight log shape, press down and seal.
- Slice into 1 inch pieces and place on the baking tray, leaving space between each pinwheel.
- Sprinkle each pinwheel with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and the pastry is cooked through.
- Serve hot.
RASPBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
200g Self raising flour
100g Golden caster sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
100g Butter (room temperature)
2 Large eggs
60g Fresh raspberries
30g White chocolate chips
Paper cake cases
- Preheat oven to 180C/Gas mark 4.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the flour.
- Add the raspberries and chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Place paper cake cases on a baking tray and spoon in mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until cakes are golden.
BERRY AND YOGURT CRUSH
500g frozen black forest fruits
500g natural greek style yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
- Tip the frozen fruit into a food processor.
- Add the yogurt and honey.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds until the mixture is very thick and smooth.
- Serve immediately.
TRAFFIC LIGHT ICE LOLLIES
4 1/2 tablespoons runny honey
3 large ripe peaches or nectarines, peeled, stoned and sliced
5 large kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
8 ice lolly moulds
- Puree the strawberries with a hand blender.
- Sieve the puree.
- Stir 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey into the puree.
- Pour the strawberry puree mix into each of the lolly moulds until 1/3 full.
- Freeze until firm, this should take about 1 1/2 hours.
- Repeat process with the peaches, adding 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey and freeze.
- Repeat process with kiwi fruit adding the remainder of the honey and freeze.
- Serve when kiwi has frozen.
4 Medium apples
2 tablespoons butter
Half cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 teaspoon water
Cooking parchment paper
- Heat oven to 400F. Line cookie tray with cooking parchment paper.
- In a saucepan heat apples, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch to boiling over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened and apples are tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle work surface lightly with flour. Roll out thawed puff pastry into 15 inch square. Cut into 4 smaller squares.
- Beat egg and water together and brush over each square.
- Spoon apple mixture onto centre of each square. Fold each in half diagonally to form a triangle and press edges together to seal. Use back of fork to crimp edges.
- Place on cookie tray.
- Brush with egg wash. Use a sharp knife to cut a few vents into each turnover.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes to until golden.