Cardinal Road was opened in 1902 as a boy’s school. It was recognised by the Board of Education in 1910. In 1930 there were 461 pupils on roll in the six classrooms and the corridor. No wonder the Inspector commented “This school has many difficulties to contend with”. In September 1993 the school moved into the spacious sympathetically renovated and extended building it now enjoys. The new Nursery building was opened in 1994, the grounds were landscaped and the re-building was complete.